Bookmarks & Resources
Collection of useful weblinks from around the web
- CMD Challenge
- Default filename tv Endless playlist of uploaded videos with a camera's default filename as a title
- Dokku Dokku is an extensible, open source Platform as a Service that runs on a single server of your choice
- Every Noise at once Discover new music genres
- Free Code Camp Online, Open Source and free-of-charge Web Development bootcamp.
- JS Bin Basic web IDE
- TomatoTimer Web Pomodoro timer
- Typing.io Typing practice for programmers
- Youglish Search for and view video examples of english words pronunciation
- Career advice - Indeed.com
- Indie Hackers
- MIT Sloan, management review
- Startup idea checklist
- Colors.cc "A nice color palette for the web"
- Inkbot Design - Font combinations "10 Beautiful Font Combinations For All Your Design Needs"
- 100 Words Every High School Graduate Should Know
- Bad News
- Huracan Maria - Periodico el Nuevo Dia Multimedia review of Huracane Maria and Puerto Rico
Engineering & Programming
- A Guide to creating and hosting a personal site on Github
- Extending the life of your Raspberry PI SD Card
- How to Import Excel Data Into MySQL Table
- Introduction to Ruby
- Managing a custom domain for your Github Pages site
- MIPS 101
- Using the Wayback Machine. Bookmarklet - Wikipedia
- What every computer science major should know
- REST Resource Naming Guide - List of Conventions
- Reintroducing engineering thinking in the development world
- The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing
- The life and death of teletext, and what happened next History of the teletext technology, one precursor to the internet
- Windows NT and VMS: The Rest of the Story
- So you think you know C?
- Maximiliano Contieri
- Computer Security Resource Center Glossary
- Hack a day
- Hack the Box
- Modern Binary Exploitation by RPISEC
- National security archive The CyberWar Map is a visual guide to some of the most prominent players and events in state-to-state cyberconflict created as a part of the National Security Archive's Cyber Vault Project. This resource focuses on state-sponsored hacking and cyber-attacks.
- Is Your Son a Computer Hacker? A hilarious joke in which a fathers explains how to recognize if your son has descended down the early 2000's "hacker" rabbit hole.
- EFF's Surveillance self-defence Guides for safer online communications by the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Help on protecting online privacy.
- Encryption Through the Ages: A History - Medium.com/Mozilla-Internet-Citizen
- Drafting Digital Forensic Examination Protocols Guide on how to write Forensics examination protocols
- Forensics Examiner's Introduction to Linux
- bunnie's blog - Andrew "bunnie" Huang
- Dangerous Prototypes
- Hack a day Hardware and electronics projects community. They also discuss programming and cyber security.
- Phororix Hardware blog and notes
- ARM and Thumb-2 Instruction Set Quick Reference Card
- ARM Instruction Set Quick Reference Card
- ARM: Introduction to ARM: Why Learn Assembly Language?
- Router Security
- Audio Check - Test headphones
- PPC LUDDITE
Linux & Unix-like systems
- Beginner's guide for Linux - TecMint
- Forbes - Jason Evangelho
- Hack a day - Linux Fu
- Linux Journey Linux Tutorial
- NetBSD as a Desktop
- Ars Technica - IT
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- Four short links - O'Reilly
- Ideas - O'Reilly
- CS Puzzles
- Engineering and Leadership Leadership in engineering blog.
- Deletionpedia Archives past deleted Wikipedia articles.
- 1979 Computer Store Manager Predicts Future Interview with a Computer store manager which defines computing as "a reflection of your own imagination and your own intelligence" which is expressed through programming and can help automate task and improve human life.
- Mother of All Demos Demo that introduced many concepts of the networked computer in 1968
- Powers of Ten (1977) A film which helps to visualize the scale of the universe. It transport the viewer from macroscopic scale outwards to interstellar space and then, back from macroscopic scale into microscopic scale cells, dna and atoms level.
- The New York Public Library Has a Human Google
- Online Dynamics Course